The Soka Gakkai Dictionary of Buddhism
Browse by first letter:
This is the online version of The Soka Gakkai Dictionary of Buddhism that was published in 2002. There are more than 2700 entries, including cross references. The dictionary does not aim to cover the entire Buddhist lexicon. Rather, it is meant as a guide for readers of Nichiren' works. Please note the following when using the dictionary:
- Most entries appear as the English translation of a term or concept.
- Names of Buddhas and bodhisattvas as well as Buddhist scriptures are in most cases given in English.
- Chinese words are mostly romanized according to the Wade-Giles system, with the newer pinyin system equivalents appearing in parentheses and indicated by the letters PY.
- Japanese words are mostly romanized according to the modified Hepburn system.
- The Chinese or Japanese characters for each entry are given in brackets.
- Diacritical marks, found in the printed version of the dictionary, as well as macrons are not included in the online version.